Lab3

Marc Lee (marclwn@home.com) Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:57:33 -0700

From: "Marc Lee" <marclwn@home.com>
Subject: Lab3
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:57:33 -0700

Hi, I have three questions about lab 3. We are told to calculate the number of bits required for the counter state as suggested on the lab instruction. However, we are unable to calculate it until we know the divider ratio, is it? Also, if we change the divider ratio from 25175000 to 2 for the testing, does it mean that we have to modify the code internally so to accomodate such change? Lastly, can't we just define the number of bits required for the counter state to a maximum number since the maximum count in any case will not exceed 2517500? Can somobody help me on these? Thanks. Marc