Re: Assignment 5 Solutions

Jonathan Lashin (jlashin@yahoo.com) Sun, 9 Apr 2000 18:04:27 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 18:04:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jonathan Lashin <jlashin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Assignment 5 Solutions

Kyle, There aren't any CPU timing requirements for the write cycle because the CPU doesn't have any inputs from the RAM during this cycle (Remember, we weren't using the ACK signal) The purpose of analyzing the timing requirements is to see whether or not two devices are compatible with each other. The CPU will obviously have the correct timing requirements for it's own operations, but we need to check if other devices will work with it. Since no other devices (Memory) are sending signals to the CPU during this cycle, the timing analysis is a moot point. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com