Re: cpu_package file

Ed Casas (edc@ece.ubc.ca) Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:11:28 -0800

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:11:28 -0800
From: Ed Casas <edc@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: cpu_package file

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 10:32:12AM -0800, Craig Amendt wrote: > As I understand it, we need to declare the subtypes, constants > for the opcodes, and the components all in the cpu_package > file. We then are to define the architecture for the > components in separate files and test them there. My question > is how do I declare the library usage in rom.vhd and > stack_register.vhd? Do I include the line, > > use work.cpu_package.all ; > > in rom.vhd and stack_register.vhd? Yes. You don't need to add the component declarations until Part 2. -- Ed Casas edc@ece.ubc.ca http://casas.ece.ubc.ca +1 604 822-2592