corrections to Assignment 3

Ed Casas (edc@ece.ubc.ca) Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:51:29 -0800

Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:51:29 -0800
From: Ed Casas <edc@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: corrections to Assignment 3

Corrections for Assignment 3: Assignment 3, part 1 is due on February 26 (8:30 AM). Your top-level design will have to include a multiplexer for the two memory address sources (the PC and I registers). You will also have to add a "fetch" output to the controller to indicate the type of cycle (fetch or execute) and control this multiplexer. During the fetch cycle the address is supplied by the PC register and during the execute cycle the address is supplied by the I register. The reset signal should be an input to the controller, not the PC datapath. conv_integer() does not accept std_logic_vector arguments, you must use conv_integer(unsigned(x)). JNZ is "Jump on Not Zero". -- Ed Casas edc@ece.ubc.ca http://casas.ece.ubc.ca +1 604 822-2592