Fw: Assig #5 questions

Amr Mohamed (amrm@ece.ubc.ca) Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:42:46 -0700

From: "Amr Mohamed" <amrm@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Fw: Assig #5 questions
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:42:46 -0700

Hi All, Once again, I would appreciate if someone can have some answers to these questions. I posted them 2 days agi and I haven't received any answer so far. Thanks and sorry for inconvenience. Regards, Amr ----- Original Message ----- From: Amr Mohamed To: eece563@listhost.ece.ubc.ca Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2000 10:54 PM Subject: Assig #5 questions Hi Everyone, I would appreciate if someone can clear these points for me: 1-problem 10.8, is spectral efficiency equivalent to bandwidth efficiency and not power efficiency? 2-10.20, I do not seem to get the meaning of "fade slope" in db/s. Are we supposed to get the fade as function of time and then get the slope or what? 3- 10.24, are we required to figure out the cell coverage for AMPS and IS-54, I believe we haven't discussed those standards in the class. 4- I cannot seem to find a reference in the text book about the material we discussed in the last class (link budget). Is there any reference other than the class handouts. Thks Amr