Questions on lab 3

Shereen Pang (shereen@interchange.ubc.ca) Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:51:32 -1200

Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:51:32 -1200
From: Shereen Pang <shereen@interchange.ubc.ca>
Subject: Questions on lab 3

Hi all: I have 3 questions on lab 3. 1. How do we use generics in VHDL? I realized that the example given on page 5 of the 3rd handout (entity nregister) is not complete, ie, it doesn't compile because I didn't give width a value in generic (width: integer); 2. assembly code: how do we print an asterisk(*) on screen? how many bytes does asterisk has? 3. Assembly code in lab 2: Why is it when we read a character from the keyboard with MOV AH, 01H, the value of the keyboard input is stored in AL? I assumed it's stored in AL because we subtract AL with 30H and later move AL to DX. can somebody help me out? thanks. Shereen Pang