Re: Address range of the RAM system in Q.1?

Ed Casas (edc@ece.ubc.ca) Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:19:28 -0800

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:19:28 -0800
From: Ed Casas <edc@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: Address range of the RAM system in Q.1?

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 10:40:31AM -0800, Kelvin Ng wrote: > For question 1, what is the address range of the RAM? The CPU > uses 24 bit address bus, which can address 16MB of memory, but > in the question, there are only 384KB. Should we assume the > memory system responds to addresses from 000000 to 05FFFF ? Oops. The assignment doesn't say where the memory should be located in the CPU's address space. So I guess any sort of mapping would be OK as long as it mapped 384k into at least one contiguous region in memory. And yes, a reasonable choice would be to place the memory from 0 to 384k. -- Ed Casas edc@ece.ubc.ca http://casas.ece.ubc.ca +1 604 822-2592