Defining enumerated types in MaxPlus II

James Wu (james_wu@telus.net) Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:14:21 -0800

From: "James Wu" <james_wu@telus.net>
Subject: Defining enumerated types in MaxPlus II
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:14:21 -0800

Behold the power of MaxPlus II - it does have some bugs related to enumerated types. I declared the following: type state is (idle, start, bit0, bit1, bit2, bit3,.....) Logically, the internal representation of each element should be in some sort of order; e.g. idle => "0000" start => "0001" bit0 => "0010" bit1 => "0011" etc. However, this was not the case when I simulated my design. Each element was assigned a random 4-bit value, so it seemed (with one exception that idle was "0000"). I then modified my code and declared my states as constants; the simulated waveform appeared to be ok afterwards. Does anyone know if this "random" internal representation of states actually affect my circuit in any way? James