Re: Assignment 3-- Stack Register

Ed Casas (edc@ece.ubc.ca) Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:06:26 -0800

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:06:26 -0800
From: Ed Casas <edc@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: Assignment 3-- Stack Register

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 09:35:13PM -0800, Steve Chou wrote: > I am wondering if I can just write the entity for one stack > register and save it in the package, so when I declare the " > datapath " I can declare the stack register 4 times. Yes, but what you save in a package is a component declaration and what you instantiate in your architecture is a component. See the lecture notes for examples of how to declare and instantiate components. -- Ed Casas edc@ece.ubc.ca http://casas.ece.ubc.ca +1 604 822-2592