Re: lab03 - compile package file

Ed Casas (edc@ece.ubc.ca) Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:13:31 -0800

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:13:31 -0800
From: Ed Casas <edc@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: lab03 - compile package file

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 08:35:26PM -0500, Stephen Shang wrote: > When I compiled my package (declaration) file, the message was "The file > does not contain Architecture Body -- stopping compilation" and the small > pop-up window said "project compilation CANCELED" which is used to be > COMPLETED.. This is normal. > Then, when I compiled the design file, the compiler soon returned an error > message "Error: Unknown problem in file [VHDLview creation date mismatch].." > > Are these two compilation errors related? Exit MaxPlusII, delete all the files except the ones you created (.vhd, .acf, .scf files) and try again. > Am I supposed to set the package to be a project and the design > file to be another? Set the project name to the name of the file you are compiling. You'll have to do this twice: once for your package and once for your design. -- Ed Casas edc@ece.ubc.ca http://casas.ece.ubc.ca +1 604 822-2592