Re: error message

ddowler (ddowler@direct.ca) Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:59:50 -0800

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:59:50 -0800
From: ddowler <ddowler@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: error message

when i got that error message, it had to do with my process statements. i changed my code so that i only had 2 processes that were very simple. i think you should only use one line of sequential code for each process statement. as for clocking in a number, i used 2 bits for this: pushed and pushed_delayed. the pushed bit will be asserted when any of the buttons (including reset) is pushed (and possibly held down for many clock cycles). the second bit is just the pushed signal delayed by one clock cycle using a flip-flop. now, when a button is pushed, pushed will be high and pushed_delayed will be low, but for only one clock cycle (since pushed_delayed will go high one cycle after a button is pushed), and this is when the button signal should be considered valid.