Re: Final material

Ed Casas (edc@ece.ubc.ca) Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:40:50 -0700

Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:40:50 -0700
From: Ed Casas <edc@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: Final material

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 02:35:30PM -0800, Gerald Gutierrez wrote: > > I understand that the final will have mostly questions from the first half > of the course and qualitative material from the second half. Regarding the > second half ... > > There is a lot of material in the textbook. It is qualitative and long. > Will we have to study the text in depth in order to prepare for the final > or will we only need to study what is in the handouts and what is state in > the review handout we got on Friday? You only need to study the topics that we covered in class. For example, from Chapter 10 I'll only expect you to know about GSM and IS-95, not DECT or IS-54. Since the class notes are in point form you'll probably want to review the relevant material in the book. The exam is open-book so it's more important that you understand the concepts and where to find the information rather than memorizing details. -- Ed Casas edc@ece.ubc.ca http://casas.ece.ubc.ca +1 604 822-2592