Re: 5.26 & 6.11

sergio gonzalez (sergiog@ece.ubc.ca) Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:31:46 -0800 (PST)

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:31:46 -0800 (PST)
From: sergio gonzalez <sergiog@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: 5.26 & 6.11

Hello, For Q5.26, assume alpha=1, so that gamma will just equal Eb/No. I discussed this with Dr. Casas already, and confirmed that the assumption was OK after sepending some time playing around with the equations. It's still kind of confusing though. For Q6.11, I thought of doing the same thing, which is, 'reversing' the Q function, but I'm not sure whether this approach is OK because I believe the eq. for the Q function only works for the AWGN channel, which is not faded. I'm really not sure. On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Maria Lei [4681] wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know the answers for the followings: > > Q5.26: > a) I use fig5.53 to find the corresponding Eb/No. Then from eqn 5.157, I > can obtain alpha^2 (mean) > > b) from part a), I have already obtained alpha^2 (mean). Therefore, I > use equation from ex5.12 to obtain Eb/No for a Ricean fading channel. > > Is this approach correct? > > Q6.11: > c) How to find P-1(x)? Is P(x) the Q function for BPSK? or does P(x) > refers to eqn 5.155? > > Regards, > Maria > >