RE: Lab 5 Pal Again

Steven Kim (stkim@intergate.ca) Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:11:24 -0800

From: "Steven Kim" <stkim@intergate.ca>
Subject: RE: Lab 5 Pal Again
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:11:24 -0800

According to the datasheet for the Lattice GAL16V8 file of the spec sheet from Dr Casas' web page, the pin 11 is /OE or Output Enable and is active low (hence if you ground this pin, it's activated). The purpose of this pin is to let the PAL know that whether it should be read from or written to (ie programmed). Hope that helps. Steven -----Original Message----- From: owner-eece485@ece.ubc.ca [mailto:owner-eece485@ece.ubc.ca]On Behalf Of Greg Weir Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 9:08 PM To: eece485@fs3.ece.ubc.ca Subject: Lab 5 Pal Again I had better rephrase the question about pin 11 to read ...Why did I, as well as many others, have to hook pin 11 to ground (in addition to hooking pin 10 to ground)? Pleases see previous message same date as well as response. Thanks Greg Weir