Re: Assingt 1

Ed Casas (edc@ece.ubc.ca) Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:42:55 -0700

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:42:55 -0700
From: Ed Casas <edc@ece.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: Assingt 1

A student asked: > 1 ) How would I show a don't care condition in a selected > signal? You can't specify a "don't care" value in a selected assignment -- the behaviour has to be unambiguous. However, you might be able to split up the operation into two steps and obtain a "don't care" this way. > 2) How do I show a "NO CHANGE (HOLD)" condition in selected signals? I think your question is: "how do I retain the value in a register?" The answer is: "load it with it's current value". -- Ed Casas edc@ece.ubc.ca http://casas.ece.ubc.ca +1 604 822-2592